Accessories have the wonderful capability of transforming an outfit into that polished look we all lust for. Even the most fashionable individuals can find themselves in a fashion slump now and again- except for Audrey Hepburn (she’s the chicest). Here’s our list of 10 ways to update your look with accessories:
1. Hats are your BFF: We’ve all had bad hair days. Covering up the mess with a chic hat is a great way to deal with this on days where you simply don’t have time to deal with it.
2. Colorful Nails: A pop of color not only adds some dimension, but is quick and inexpensive.
3. Oversized Everything: Jewelry and shades look a little more glamorous when they’re just a tad bigger.
4. Chic Glasses: Trying a new rim style or even just adding a new pair into your rotation can help finish any look. As for size, see above.
5. Body Jewelry: Ankle bracelets and body chains may be right up your alley if you’re looking for an ultra-sexy change. If you’re feeling brave and want to channel your inner Rihanna, go for it.
6. Upgrade your Kicks: So we obviously know that you wear shoes on the daily, but even the smallest change can leave your look refreshed. Case in point, we need more shoes.
7. Back to Black: Sometimes it’s best to go back to the basics. Nothing says ‘très chic’ like an all black outfit.
8. Go Nude: Nude is flattering on everyone. Add the neutral to your repertoire, starting with the heels.
9. Change the Tote: Re-evaluate your purse or bag. Does it fit your lifestyle? Do you have a crazy big bag, but walk around the city all the time? Look into switching styles.
10. Add Texture: If you usually wear the classic jeans and tee shirts try textured leggings, denim shirts, or chiffon maxis.
Remember, when pondering how to update your look, simply ask “What would Audrey do?” BAM- accessorizing problem solved.