It’s really no secret that here at HauteTalk, we’re pretty obsessed with nail art. While some people don’t see the value in taking hours to decorate your fingernails in painstaking detail, we’re ALL about it. Well, maybe not hours, but you get our point. After posting a bunch of roundups of our favorite nail designs and then trying them ourselves, we’ve come to realize that nail art is no easy hobby! So, scroll through this list and relate to all the struggles you encounter when you’re obsessed with nail art! And then after you’re finished reading, obviously surf the web for some cool new designs like these ones. You’re welcome.
1. You don’t feel like yourself when your nails aren’t done.
Whose hands are these?! Have my fingernails always been this weird shape? They need to be painted NOW.
2. That feeling of regret when you start a complicated nail design and you have to go through with it…
Why the hell did I think paisley nails would be easy? It just took me 30 minutes to do one nail, but it’s not like I can just stop now.
3. You’ve never been prouder than when someone looks at your nails and asks in shock, ‘You did that yourself?!’
Seriously this is a greater achievement than any grade/job/internship I could get. Did you hear that Mom and Dad?! She thought I had my nails professionally done, but I did them myself!
4. When a tutorial makes a design look so easy, but then you try it out and utterly fail.
How dare you, nail artist?! I trusted you.
5. When you want to try a new design, you ferociously search through Pinterest boards.
Pinterest is pretty much your best friend.
6. Adding a new nail polish to your collection brings you a special kind of happiness.
Your nail polishes are like your children, and you welcome a new one with open arms!
7. You feel an unreasonable amount of pressure when one of your friends asks you to do their nails.
It’s fine when you mess up on yourself, but dealing with someone else’s nails is just too much pressure.
8. When you’re making a design using tape, and you have to wait for the paint to fully dry…
How long has it been? 3 MINUTES?! It’s fine, I’m sure it’s fully dry by now.
9. Then you get too lazy while waiting, so you decide to put the tape on anyways…
Oh, shiiit. This was not a good decision.
10. You know that sometimes there is nothing more frustrating than nail art…
BUT, let’s be real, it’s all worth it in the end because your nails look AMAZING.