As many of you well know, I love a good music festival. Between the music, the fashion, and the food, it’s like my very own Candyland. This past weekend was Lollapalooza, and being a Chicago-native, I’d never miss out on an excuse to go home and frolic around Grant Park grooving to headliners like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kaskade. While the average concert-goer might agonize over the perfect “effortless” festival outfit, the perfect Ladyfinger manicure always tops my list. Luckily, Peter Pilotto came to my rescue with a very loud and bright Resort ’13 collection. The collection features a multitude of trippy kaleidoscope prints that will be sure to dazzle you. Needless to say, the weekend (and the Pilotto Ladyfingers) was a huge success. Aside from a weather-related evacuation hiccup, I saw some of my favorite musicians (The Black Keys were unreal!), ran into old and new friends–including Jena of ChiCityFashion, and even accidentally got to catch day three and close out the amazing weekend under the stars with the rest of Chicago.
To emulate this look, I used Floral Street by Nails Inc, Keep Up the Flame by Maybelline’s Color Show, Neon Yellow by Color Club Duo, and Sally Hansen’s black nail art pen.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full white nail
2. Paint both sides of your nail with a red stripe leaving the center white
3. Using neon yellow, paint a ‘V’ within the center of your nail having the point meet at the bottom
4. Paint a white stripe bi-secting your red sections
5. Outline the yellow ‘V’ and the edges of your new white line with a black nail art pen
6. Top it off with top coat
Article by: Taryn Multack via Miss Ladyfinger