It’s always a trip with Joseph Altuzarra, who is known to have a knack for multicultural fusion. His Resort ’13 collection combines safari and gypsy. Tailored safari outerwear is mixed with peasant tops and dresses in an eye-catching ikat print. The newness is how the print is worked back to career separates with handcrafted details. I love how the top is styled with this textured skirt. If you squint, you can see the gold hardware that amps it up to a dressier place. These nails were particularly fun to do. I’ve always been eager to try an ikat print, and it was way easier than I thought! See below to learn how and be sure to post your results to the MLF Facebook page!
To emulate this look, I used Jeggings by Ginger+Liz, Baby Blue and White by Color Club’s Nail Duo, and a Sally Hansen black nail art pen.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full denim-colored blue nail
2. Using a light blue nail art brush, paint two long lines extending from the top to the bottom of your nail on either side
3. Continue drawing lines gradually getting shorter until a small amount meets in the middle
4. Repeat steps 2/3 using white, keeping within the light blue lines
5. Using your black nail art pen or brush, repeat again within the white lines
6. Add symmetrical black details at the top and bottom of your nail
7. Top it off with top coat
Article by: Taryn Multack of Miss Ladyfinger