Unless you’re insanely gifted in applying nail polish and can make an at-home manicure look like you just spent hours at the nail salon, chances are you’re just like the rest of us — meaning that nail polish ends up here, there, and everywhere. We’d like to think that over time our nail polish applying skills have gotten better than when we were 5 years old and doing our babysitter’s nails, but in reality, we’ve only improved so much.
Instead of spending endless amounts of money that you don’t have, we’ve found the perfect polish DIY for you: Say hello to your new best friend, the Vaseline polish trick, brought to you by the ever-awesome beauty guru Michelle Phan (who also taught us how to take the perfect selfie!).
Vaseline (or lotion)
1. Dab the Q-tip in the Vaseline or lotion.
2. Carefully wipe the Q-tip on the skin around your nails, being careful not to get it on your actual nail bed.
3. Paint your nails as usual.
4. Wait for the polish to dry.
5. Use a new Q-tip to clean up any leftover Vaseline or lotion residue.
Putting Vaseline or lotion around your nails will keep your polish from getting onto your skin, leaving you with a perfect mani every time!
Check out our DIY Thursday archive for more simple projects.