Break out the denim cut-offs and retire those sweater leggings: according to our thermostats, warm weather is FINALLY here. And with those sunny skies, you’ve gotta take the bad with the good. Flippy little skirts and tiered lacy short-shorts? Awesome. Worrying about dry skin and stubbly calves from shaving your legs on a practically hourly basis? Not so much.
But what if we told you that we’ve got the secret to the silkiest, smoothest legs you’ll have all summer…and the secret is hiding in your kitchen cupboard? You don’t need an $80 leg wax and ten gallons of shea butter before you hit the beach, just raid your cabinets and grab a mixing bowl! Don’t forget about the most essential of all summer accessories (well, besides a bottle of sunscreen), and start getting smooth legs with this magic potion. We’ll show you how!
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (olive or coconut work best for extra moisturizing properties!)
- 3 tablespoons lemon
- A razor with a spare head, or a couple of disposable razors
- Lotion (optional, to lock in the smoothness once you’re done)
Here’s What You Do:
- Fill your tub with warm water, and let your legs soak for at least ten minutes. While you’re soaking, mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drain the tub and shave your legs as you normally would. Be careful not to cut yourself, or the lemon juice will sting!
- Pour half of the mixture into another bowl, so you have two separate and equal quantities of your secret weapon. Take one of the bowls and rub the contents all over your legs. Be sure to massage them thoroughly, but don’t be too rough! The sugar will remove dead skin, while the citric acid helps to brighten and add a fresh summery scent.
- Rinse off the mixture, and grab a razor. Gently shave your legs again and watch the skin cells slough right off! This is where it gets messy, so it’s normal if your razor gets pretty clogged up…that’s why we recommend having a spare on standby!
- Pour the second bowl of the mixture onto your legs. Because your legs might be sensitive now, don’t massage it as vigorously as before.
- Rinse off and lotion up with a mild body butter of your choice! Minidresses and short-shorts, here we come.