As we head into those brutally hot summer months, the only way to escape the heat is to hit the beach. (Or the pool!) For this reason, swimsuits are quickly becoming our new uniform. But, an itty-bitty-bikini isn’t exactly what we feel comfortable running around in all the time. Enter beach cover ups!
The cute and flowy wardrobe essential has been around forever, but it seems to have gotten a much needed makeover this season. We’re now seeing cover ups in bright colors, crochet patterns, and even in the form of a romper. (We’ll take one of each, please.) The advantages of a cover-up? Well, it’s in the name. It covers you up, but the material is always kept light and airy so you never wind up in a pool of sweat. Check, and check.
We’ve made a list of our favorite beach cover-ups for summer. Right now, we’re feeling the pastel shades and the sexy see-through mesh materials. In our book, the best accessory for a bathing suit is a cover-up that will WOW your friends. Shop our picks below, and tell us what you think!
1. Wildfox Off The Deep End and St. Lucia Cover Up Dresses, $118.00
2. Profile by Gottex Crochet Cover Up Dress, $58.00
3. ASOS Calypso Print Split Side Cover Up, $49.54
4. Motel Sunstruck Swim Cover Up, $50.00 (for all you edgy ladies out there)
5. Lucy Love Bliss Maxi Cover Up, $68.00
6. Echo Design Poncho Cover Up, $48.00