Now that Memorial Day Weekend has passed, the un-official summer kickoff reminds us of the 3 B’s – beaches, bikinis, and well, babes! We start panicking about the combination of all three of those as well as potential looks and anticipation for our own bikini bodies. We all must find new swimwear to show off, suddenly skipping the soda for bottled water and cutting out carbs for carrots with hopes of looking our best in the summer months. Whether you fancy fringes or florals, there is something for everyone this summer with the latest trends. Swim 2012 trends including florals, lace, brights, and fringes are all shown throughout our top 5 looks. Enjoy, buy, love!
1. Nasty Gal – Ibiza Cutout Swimsuit – While this beautiful bathing suit will run you a semi-steep price of $240, let me just stress to you that beauty always comes at a cost – especially when we are talking about beachwear. This non-bikini is a cut out creation encompassing everything a Summer 2012 suit should be. Besides the flirtatious string up ties throughout, which work while still leaving some things for the imagination, but the pattern is fiery fierce. The strategically placed cut outs may not be flattering on every figure, but the color scheme and pattern leave us as bold as the print – anxious to try this one on the beach!
2. Top Shop White Dotty Frill Bikini – The White Dotty Frill Bikini from Top Shop will turn up the heat on your white-hot American summer. Adorned with just the right amount of frill and a delicate polka dot design, we instantly fell in love. For only $56, you can get this entire swimsuit and have a stand out look ready to go for your next beach outing. Typically white swimsuits can make some people weary, but with these perfect polka dots, you can push that timid attitude aside.
3. Victoria’s Secret Beach Sexy Jeweled Halter Bikini– Everyone loves Victoria’s Secret swimwear, and I’m pretty sure there’s not a single person that doesn’t enjoy a good sale! Between their semi-annual sale (going on now) and their extensive collection of women’s swimwear, it’s hard to pick just ONE out of the bunch. However, the simplicity of the jeweled halter suit, is complimented with the perfect touch of on-trend embellishment for 2012. For a steal at $24.99 for the top, and only $12.99 for the buckled bottoms, you’d be silly not to swipe your credit card on summer swimwear that can never go out of style!
4. L*Space Swimwear, Tiffany Fringe Dolly Estella – The super sexy Tiffany Fringe Dolly Estella two piece bikini is super sexy, fashion forward, and just the right amount of revealing all at the same time. The gorgeous fringe look has been popping up on swimwear all over this season, and we must say it does has a slimming effect. While providing your chest with a little coverage, you still have the sex appeal turned high up with this look, especially with the strategically placed cutouts placed on the bottoms. For $135 altogether, you can rock this look for any swim occasion without completely breaking your beach budget. Check out www.elitefashionswimwear.com
5. Roxy – Floral 70s Rhapsody Bikini – A perfect suit up for summer for all the modern day hippies out there. This Roxy halter bikini, costing $50 for the top and $36 for the bottoms, brings together two floral prints quite perfectly. The vintage looking swimwear is playful, affordable, and most importantly, durable. You know that when you shop swimwear from Roxy, you receive quality in return. Now tell me, what’s sexier than a laid-back flower-child with a bargain-worthy brain?
Article by: Angela Samartano